Valentine Day is near to door.....So what you are planning friends !!! Here is presenting easy n quick delicious MALAI PEDA from my kitchen...... :) :) :) My hubby loves peda in any form.....so thought to make this n wish a Happy Valentine day to my darling hubby.... <3 <3
Nestle Milk maid - 1 tin (400 gms) (sweetened condensed milk)
Milk powder - 5-6 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Corn flour - 1 tsp
Lime juice / Citric acid - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Saffron - a few strands (dissolve in warm milk)
Few drops of Rose essence
Beetroot juice - 2-3 tsp (or you can use any food colour)
Few slices of Pistachio or Almonds for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients (Nestle milkmaid, milk powder, milk, corn flour, saffron) together in a wide bowl.
- Heat a kadhai/wide pan. Pour the mixture into it and let it boil in high-medium flame. Continuously stir it without any break.
- When it becomes slightly thicker add lime juice, which curdled the milk very little and will help it to make thick faster.
- You can make peda any colour of your choice. Here I've not used any food colour, added beetroot juice for pink peda.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, add ghee, cardamom powder to it and give a quick mix. Consistency should be thick enough, so the dough can be prepared. Ensure that no water content in the mixture.
- Then remove the mixture from heat. Let it cool at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Mixture is little sticky, so apply few drops of ghee when shaping into Peda.
- Then give shape as your choice, garnish with some almonds, pistachio or silver vark. You can keep it in refrigerator to set for an hours.
- And Now your yummy Malai Peda is ready.....Celebrate it with your Family, Friends, Colleagues in any occasion.
NOTE : I've made this peda from Nestle Milkmaid. Any one can make it without milkmaid also and use 1 ltr of milk, sugar with above remain ingredients.